NewVoiceMedia provides a customer communications platform that tightly links with the world’s best CRM, Salesforce.com, to help companies sell more, serve better and grow faster.
Status: Permanent Full Time
Reporting to: Development Manager
We are looking for a Software Architect to join our team. As part of this role you will:
- Own and guide key aspects of our architecture.
- Work closely with development and operations teams to evolve and improve our software in a continuous delivery environment
- Be familiar with key architectural and design concepts such as views and perspectives and design patterns.
- Be a strong communicator able to coordinate and balance the needs of multiple teams
- Be a strong advocate for agile and lean software development practices, including evolutionary architecture
- Have strong refactoring skills, particularly large scale refactorings
- Be hands on, happy to pair with developers and testers
- Lead and facilitate architectual decision making for your areas of the product
- Articulate system constraints and qualities to enable development teams to come up with great solutions
- Work with our developers and operations engineers to ensure our system is scalable, performant and secure
- Evaluate new technologies as appropriate
- Present and share design ideas, concepts and best practices to the department
The ideal candidate will:
- Be skilled in applying architectual principles in an agile context. Typical skills include: evolutionary architectures, design patterns, domain driven design, microservices, REST, API Design and refactoring.
- Have strong understanding of Agile, Lean principles
- Understand managing data at scale
- Have good communication and facilitation skills
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced agile environment
Typical technologies you may be exposed to
- Own the solution
- Care about the future
- Grow and nurture growth
- Be open and honest
- Devour and apply new knowledge and effectively share it with others
We value ownership and curiosity. This is facilitated by:
- Ship it days
- Learning time + training/conferences
- Coding katas
- Self-organising teams