Software Security Engineer
NewVoiceMedia is in the process of disrupting one of the biggest markets in the world - business telephony. Well-funded by cloud-focused VC's, and with a management team holding a decade of cloud experience, we have a strong vision for the future and aggressive global growth plans. We are looking for exciting, passionate, innovative people to join our fast growing team and help us achieve our goals.
- Create a performant, secure, scalable service that our customers will rave about.
- Continuously improve and automate the monitoring and deployment of our cloud service.
- Share your passion for your work internally and externally.
We offer the chance to work on:
- A global, multi-tenanted, real-time service, with thousands of concurrent users.
- A diverse technical environment, including both Windows and Linux based technologies.
- Advanced algorithms, including statistical analysis, machine learning and routing.
- A continuously evolving platform that supports weekly releases with no downtime.
We value ownership and curiosity; this is facilitated by:
- Learning time + Lunch & Learn sessions
- Training courses + conferences
- Coding katas
- Self-organising teams
- Open Source contributions
- Cares about the scalability and resilience of our products
- Enjoys writing code, building environments and pushing the boundaries of performance and scalability
- Utilises free or Open Source tools wherever possible
- Solve hard problems independently and collaboratively
- Devour and apply new knowledge and effectively share it with others
- Have fun
Principle, process and tools
- Own the solution
- Care about the future
- Grow and nurture growth
- Be open and honest
- Self-organising, cross-functional feature teams
- BDD, TDD, Scrum-ban, Continuous Deployment
The following list gives a flavour of the technologies we currently use. We are looking for developers that can use a breadth of technologies and languages to create maintainable, scalable and secure solutions:
C#, MySQL & MariaDB, Python, Chef, Jenkins, RabbitMQ, StatsD, ModSec, Mono, AWS, Angular.js, C++, R, ElasticSearch, LogStash.
OAuth,openID, SAML, WS-Federation, key management, OWASP, Burpsuite, encryption, data compliance and awareness of industry standards.
What we offer
- Friendly, fast paced environment with exceptional opportunities to progress within the company
- Excellent training along with a clearly defined career path
- Highly competitive package including a range of benefits
- An opportunity to work within an innovative, high-growth global technology business