NewVoiceMedia is in the process of disrupting one of the biggest markets in the world - business telephony. Well-funded by cloud-focused VC's, and with a management team holding a decade of cloud experience, we have a strong vision for the future and aggressive global growth plans. We are looking for exciting, passionate, innovative people to join our fast growing team and help us achieve our goals.
A fantastic opportunity to come aboard and play a key part in one of the UK’s fastest growing cloud businesses. Able to work as part of our team of Engineering Managers, your primary responsibility will be to lead, manage and grow our Development team members across multiple agile development teams.
Our product contributes to the ongoing success of businesses such as Vax, Quintessentially, TNT, JustGiving and Wowcher to name but a few. Expectations are high which means innovation and product development are at the forefront of our plan. This key position will involve you joining a team taking full responsibility for the existing development team and scaling up the systems and processes as the company continues to grow on its successful trajectory.
What you will be doing?
As an Engineering Manager you will manage the execution of agile practices and processes, helping the team accelerate their development and optimise their output at a sustainable pace while maintaining the culture and continuing to deliver value to our customers at a fast and frequent pace. You will manage and build on a reliable continuous improvement process. You will ensure efficient delivery at high quality. Having multiple touchpoints across the business, you will act as an escalation point for development teams to help mitigate and unblock where required. Under a flat structure you will be managing a large number of developers and be responsible for building relationships, coaching and helping them improve.
What we are looking for.
- Proven record of leading, developing and managing similar or larger development teams delivering a software product to customers. Ideally this will be a business-to-business product and ideally web based following agile practices and principles.
- Proven record in managing a team producing measurable delivery of software in a timely and high quality manner.
- Experience in leading delivery cycles and work with multiple releases with agile methodologies in a service or SaaS environment.
- Experience of best practice work management tools, continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps practices.
- Experience in managing multi-cultural and diverse background technology professionals to create a cohesive and collaborative team.
- High level of communication and relationship skills within the team, and outside to a senior level.
Our company / culture
Our culture is set by both our executive team and the type of people we hire into the business. Asking the right questions is one of our core values and it’s something we stand by. Explore every avenue possible to make something work, and then see if it can be done better. And if something breaks whilst you’re at it, as long as it doesn’t infringe on security or customer confidentiality in any way, we’ll learn from it. We favour attitude over experience but in the same breath, we don’t compromise on performance. Our people work well together because they have fun whilst executing at the highest possible level, which is apparent when you meet our staff. The company - fast growth, high potential, cutting edge technology.