Network Operations Engineer
NewVoiceMedia is in the process of disrupting one of the biggest markets in the world - business telephony. Well-funded by cloud-focused VC's, and with a management team holding a decade of cloud experience, we have a strong vision for the future and aggressive global growth plans. We are looking for exciting, passionate, innovative people to join our fast growing team and help us achieve our goals.
We are expanding our networking team at NewVoiceMedia. A new vacancy is now open for a talented networking engineer with the following skills;
- Practical Switching and Routing implementation experience i.e. MAC Addressing, VLANs, IP Subnetting, Routing Tables, ACLs
- Standard TCP/IP Network stack configuration experience i.e. TCP and UDP differences, NAT, PAT and use cases for each
- Network Services applications and functionality i.e. DNS, DHCP, NTP
- Application Layer protocol debugging i.e. SIP, HTTP
- Network and Application security i.e. Firewalls, Encryption (SSL, IPSec)
- WAN routing technologies i.e. MPLS, VPLS, OSPF, RIP, BGP
- Theoretical networking concepts and protocol i.e. ISO 7 Layer Model
- High availability networking concepts and techniques i.e. Load Balancing, Clustering, Failover, diverse connectivity
- Proven experience in Windows and or Linux System Administration preferably in a high availability production environment
- Strong analytical , problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Multi-vendor networking equipment exposure including Cisco but additionally Dell/Force10, HP, Stonegate, Checkpoint, Juniper, F5 experience beneficial.
- Exposure to Virtualisation technologies including VMWare but additionally OpenStack, Hyper-V, Xen beneficial
- Experience working under legislation/regulation restrictions i.e. PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA
- Scripting/Programming including SQL, PowerShell, Perl/Python, Bash/Shell; especially when used for deployment, monitoring and automating administrative tasks.
- Recognised vendor or Industry qualifications e.g. MCSE/MCSA, CCNA/CCNP, RHCSA/RHCE, SCSA