The Product Owner is accountable for the definition of new products and features in keeping with the Business Strategy as defined by the Product Strategy team and through feedback from existing and prospective customers. The Product Owner is also responsible for the effective management and prioritisation of defects and feature enhancements to ensure they are resolved at the right time; this will be through collaboration with various other roles within the business.
Product Owner duties and responsibilities
- Take lead of scrum teams as the Product Owner
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
Product Owner requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner for 5 years in a complex software environment.
- An understanding of working with Agile and Lean Software Development principles.
- MA in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Attention to details
- Confidence to articulate sensitive status situations objectively.
- An avid team player.
- Familiarity with Cloud/SaaS business and execution models