NewVoiceMedia is a global provider of cloud contact centre and inside sales technology that enables businesses to have more successful conversations. Through our world-class ContactWorld solution, NewVoiceMedia enables our 700+ customers to take everything they know about their customers in Salesforce or other CRM and bring that to every prospect/customer conversation, driving improved engagement, relationships and loyalty.
We are experiencing double-digit growth in every region around the world, and we are looking for great candidates that want to bring their drive and experience to the table, be part of an explosive growth company, learn a ton, and have fun with a great team.
You will work on different shaped problems across teams in Development and Operations. The problems could take the form of:
- Coding solutions to problems you find.
- Consultation & influence to Operations and Development teams as new functionality is built.
- Emergency incident response and co-ordination
- Facilitating Continuous Improvement
- Ensuring safe, predictable deploys and release of functionality to Production. Working with Development and Operations teams
- from idea inception through to Production readiness.
- Monitoring of our live systems, applications and services
- Early warning of issues, detection of service impact.
- Providing consultation of these cross-cuts to both Operations and Development.
- Working with our Service Delivery team to provide forecasting and capacity information from our monitoring tools.
- Increasing efficiency, performance and scalability of our systems.
- Owning and setting the standard for emergency response to Production issues.
- Are a Software Engineer who also likes Systems Engineering, or a Systems Engineer (aka Operations Engineer) who also likes
- Software Engineering.
- Understand that we don't solve all of our problems by writing code, that to be effective we need to equally balance technology,
- people and process.
- Believe that it is unacceptable to do things over and over again by hand that which can be done my machines.
- Are comfortable not only implementing solutions, nor finding solutions to problems but also finding problems and seeing them through that chain to implementation.
- You love solving problems of different shapes and sizes. These could be coding, performance, systems, distributed systems and/or
- design problems.
- You use the scientific method when solving problems. Breaking those problems down, observing, measuring, experimenting &
- formulating and modifying your hypotheses as you go. Documenting your work for your future self and those that follow.
- You’re able to work effectively with others from different fields across the technology departments and beyond.
- You are happy to change your mind as new information becomes available, you listen & consider others opinions as you discuss
- and you treat others with humility and respect to maintain a high-trust environment.
- You can effectively communicate your work to technical and non-technical colleagues both written and verbal.
- Familiarity with one or more systems programming languages (e.g. C#, C++, Java, golang, ...) & one or more scripting languages (e.g.
- Python, Ruby, golang, ...)
- Running systems in AWS or another cloud environment
- Linux / Windows
- Networking, TCP/IP & HTTP/HTTPS
- Relational Database concepts, other database types advantageous
- Experience with automation & orchestration frameworks (we use Chef, but you could have used Puppet, Ansible, Salt)
- Experience working with and designing highly available, large scale Production systems
- Understanding & experience of agile software development practices
- You will be directly contributing to our ability to provide a global, multi-tenanted, real-time service, with thousands of concurrent users on
- a continuously evolving platform that supports weekly releases with no downtime.
- In addition, you will be able to participate in a number of activities including:
- Coding Katas
- Lunch & Learn
- Training Courses and Conferences
What we offer:
- A friendly, supportive environment with opportunities to progress within the company
- Training along with a clearly defined career path
- Competitive package including a range of benefits
- An opportunity to work within an innovative, high-growth global technology business
A non-exhaustive flavour of the technologies and processes that we use are Continuous Deployment, Scrum-ban, TDD, BDD, AWS, Linux, Windows, IIS, C# .NET Framework, Core & mono, C++, Go, Python, RabbitMQ, Docker, MySQL, Chef, Jenkins, InfluxDB, Telegraf, Kapacitor, Grafana, Kibana, ElasticSearch, LogStash, NewRelic