ROLE OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your responsibility as a Test Engineer is varied and exciting. You will be part of a Dev feature team where you will be the advocate for good testing.
You will be involved in designing the features and work, the definition of the scope of testing and working with Developers to create automated tests.
You will also be responsible for exploring the features and product, supporting regular releases to live and most importantly, improving the work that you do.
You will be involved in developing our Agile testing strategy in a continuous delivery environment requiring short feedback loops.
All testers at NewVoiceMedia are expected to take their self learning seriously, to share their knowledge with others and to help other team members grow as individuals. We also like our testers to be champions for good testing and to provide support to all functions who directly interact with our customers.
You will be expected to challenge assumptions and suggest different ways of working if there is a better way to be doing something. And there is always a better way of doing something.
You are an experienced web and API tester with experience of test management, planning, estimation, and test data management
- You know what Exploratory Testing is, its value, how to constantly improve your skills in it, and how to report your findings from it clearly
- You are an excellent communicator and work well with others
- You understand testing needs in an Agile continuous delivery environment
- You prefer bug prevention to bug detection
- You have an understanding of BDD, TDD, Three Amigos, Example Mapping and know where testers add value
- You work well under pressure, in short release cycles and on your own initiative
- You have an awareness and understanding of User Experience, UI Design, Accessibility and an appreciation of automation and load testing
- You are proficient in using tools such as Postman, Firebug, Fiddler, Burpsuite and browser add-ons to aid web testing
- You are curious and use your great communication skills to ask questions and challenge assumptions
- You are able to work collaboratively within different teams
- You are pragmatic and possess sound commercial judgement
- You are passionate about delivering excellence
- You are self-starting and able to self-manage
You will be contributing to our ability to provide a global, multi-tenanted, real-time service, with thousands of concurrent users.
- A friendly, fast paced environment with exceptional opportunities to progress within the company
- Excellent training along with a clearly defined career path
- Highly competitive package including a range of benefits
- An opportunity to work within an innovative, high-grow global technology business
We value ownership and curiosity. This is facilitated by:
- Learning time + training/conferences
- Coding katas
- Lunch and learns
- Self-organising cross functional teams