NewVoiceMedia is in the process of disrupting one of the biggest markets in the world - business telephony. Well-funded by cloud-focused VC's, and with a management team holding a decade of cloud experience, we have a strong vision for the future and aggressive global growth plans. We are looking for exciting, passionate, innovative people to join our fast growing team and help us achieve our goals.
Role Overview & Responsibilities:
Your responsibility as a Test Engineer is varied and exciting. You will be part of a Dev feature team where you will be the advocate for good testing.
You will be involved in designing the features and work, the definition of the scope of testing and working with Developers to create automated tests.
You will also be responsible for exploring the features and product, supporting regular releases to live and most importantly, improving the work that you do.
All testers at NewVoiceMedia are expected to take their self-learning seriously, to share their knowledge with others and to help other team members grow as individuals. We also like our testers to be champions for good testing and to provide support to all functions who directly interact with our customers.
You will be expected to challenge assumptions and suggest different ways of working if there is a better way to be doing something. And there is always a better way of doing something.
Skills & Experience Required:
- You are an experienced web-tester with experience of test management, planning, estimation, and test data management.
- You know what Exploratory Testing is, how to constantly improve your skills in it and how to report your findings from it clearly.
- You are an excellent communicator and work well with others. You also work well under pressure, in short release cycles and on your own initiative.
- You have an awareness and understanding of User Experience, UI Design, Accessibility and an appreciation of automation and load testing.
- You are proficient in using tools such as firebug, fiddler, burpsuite and browser add-ons to aid web testing.
Common Character Traits:
- Able to work collaboratively within different teams
- Possess sound commercial judgement
- Passionate about delivering excellence
- Self-starting and able to self-manage
What we offer
- Friendly, fast paced environment with exceptional opportunities to progress within the company
- Excellent training along with a clearly defined career path
- Highly competitive package including a range of benefits
- An opportunity to work within an innovative, high-grow global technology business