1. Important information and who we are
NewVoiceMedia respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you apply for a job vacancy at NewVoiceMedia, and tell you about your privacy rights, and how the law protects you.
This privacy statement describes the handling of personal data obtained about internal and external job candidates, directly by job candidates as well as by third party agencies and recruiters on behalf of candidates. Personal data is information, or a combination of pieces of information, that could reasonably allow you to be identified.
We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our stated purposes and will not retain it for longer than is necessary. The information we ask for is used to assess your suitability for employment. You don’t have to provide what we ask for, but it might affect your application if you don’t.
If you have any queries about the process or how we handle your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NewVoiceMedia is made up of different legal entities, together the NewVoiceMedia Group, details of which can be found here:
- NewVoiceMedia Limited is a company registered in the United Kingdom at NewVoiceMedia House, Jays Close, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG22 4BS with company number 03602868.
- NewVoiceMedia U.S. Inc., a company registered in the United States of America at 49 Stevenson Street, 10th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105 with registration number 20141066725.
- NewVoiceMedia Pty Limited, a company registered in Australia at Level 16, 201 Elizabeth Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 Australia with ABN 76608518725.
- NewVoiceMedia Germany GmbH, a company registered in Germany at Eschenheimer Anlage 1, 60316 Frankfurt am Main. Registered with Commercial Register of the lower court of Frankfurt am Main under the number: HRB 106560.
- NewVoiceMedia Spolka Z Ograniczona Odpowiedzialnoscia (NVM sp.zo.o.), a company registered in Poland at C/-TMF Corporate Services (Poland), Pl.Pilsudskiego 1 , 00-78 Warsaw with company number KRS 0000544608.
- NewVoiceMedia Asia Pacific Limited, a company registered in China at Suite 3105, 31st Floor, Office Tower, Convention Plaza, 1 Harbour Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, China with company number 1082602.
This privacy notice is issued on behalf of the NewVoiceMedia Group so when we mention "NewVoiceMedia", "we", "us" or "our" in this privacy notice, we are referring to the relevant company in the NewVoiceMedia Group responsible for processing your data. NewVoiceMedia Limited is the controller and responsible for this website.
We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the DPO using the details set out below.
Full name of legal entity: NewVoiceMedia Limited
Name and title of DPO: Carol Hopperton, Data Protection Officer and VP Legal Affairs
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: NewVoiceMedia House, Jays Close, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG22 4BS, United Kingdom
Telephone number: +44 20 7785 8888
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance using the contact details listed above.
2. Candidate’s Personal Data
Data we collect directly from you.
The categories of data that we collect directly from you include:
- (a) Identity data (e.g. name, date of birth) and contact details (e.g. phone number, email address, postal address or mobile number);
- (b) information contained in your resume or CV, and other documents related to the application or recruitment process (e.g. cover letter, transcripts, certifications, experience, skills);
- (c) educational details (e.g. educational history, qualifications, certifications, skills) and job history (e.g. previous employment, roles, performance history);
- (d) professional references;
- (e) data for diversity monitoring, where the collection of such data is allowed by law (e.g. race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status and/or disabilities);
- (f) information about any health issues or disabilities (e.g. your disability status, any requests for accommodation in the application or interview process);
- (g) citizenship or immigration information (e.g. for visa purposes, right to work information)
- (h) on-premise location monitoring for security purposes (e.g. video surveillance when attending our premises for an interview);
- (i) other information you may choose to voluntarily submit to us in connection with your application (e.g. information contained in a cover letter, information disclosed in an interview or information you volunteer during the interviewing process);
- (j) results of presentations, technical tests, online tests as part of the interviewing process;
- (k) Once you have accepted your offer we will also ask you for the following:
- a. Bank details in order to process salary payments and other reimbursements according to our expense policy;
- b. Emergency contact details so we know who to contact in case you have an emergency while at work;
- (l) Proof of your identity: on day 1 of your employment you will be asked to provide original documents, and we will take copies
We will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties for marketing purposes. The information you provide will be held securely by us and/or our data processors whether the information is in electronic or physical format.
We will also retain your resume or CV for future opportunities which may be of interest to you where we will contact you to discuss. If you do not wish us to store your resume or CV and details following a rejection for the job you applied to, you can request the deletion of your record by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data we collect from other sources
We may collect the following data about you from other sources:
- (a) background check data, potentially including your criminal records history, employment history, educational history and/or compensation history, from employment screening agencies, publicly available registers or databases, former employers and/or educational institutions (as allowed by local laws); this process is managed by an approved third-party processor;
- (b) your right to work in the NewVoiceMedia region you applied for;
- (c) any information that you choose to voluntarily submit to us in connection with your application (e.g. when applying through LinkedIn);
- (d) information about you from NewVoiceMedia employees who interview you and who may provide feedback about you; and
- (e) information about you from the references you submitted.
3. How We Use Your Personal Data and The Basis on Which We Use It
We limit the use of your personal data to what is needed and required during the application and interviewing process. We may use your personal data to:
- (a) create and manage the applicant tracking system;
- (b) assess and evaluate your skills, qualifications and interests against the position applied for and/or other positions within the NewVoiceMedia Group;
- (c) communicate with you in relation to your application and the recruitment process;
- (d) verify your information, including through reference checks and, where applicable, background checks;
- (e) detect, prevent and respond to fraud or potentially illegal activities (such as intellectual property infringement), misuse of the recruitment system, this Candidate Privacy Notice or other NewVoiceMedia Policies;
- (f) comply with legal obligations to which we are subject and cooperate with regulators and law enforcement bodies;
- (g) respond to your enquiries and requests.
We must have a legal basis to process your personal data. In most cases the legal basis will be one or more of the following:
- (a) to comply with our contractual obligations to you or to take steps to enter into an employment contract with you
- (b) to comply with our legal obligations
- (c) to meet our legitimate interests, for example to conduct our recruitment processes efficiently and fairly or to manage applicants effectively. When we process personal data to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place robust safeguards to ensure that your privacy or other fundamentals rights and freedoms are not overridden by our legitimate interest to comply with our legal obligations, for example obtaining proof of your right to work status to enable us to meet relevant obligations.
When we are required by local law to collect certain personal data about you, your failure to provide this data may prevent or delay the fulfilment of our legal obligations and may impact our ability to employ you. If we ask for your consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details at the end of this privacy statement.
4. Your Rights Over Your Personal Data
You have certain rights regarding your personal data, subject to local laws. These include the following rights to:
- access your personal data
- fix any errors your personal data
- erase or delete your personal data
- restrict our use of your personal data
- object to our use of your personal data
- receive your personal data in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability)
- file a complaint with your local data protection authority or regulatory body.
If you would like to exercise such rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
5. Automated Decisions About You
We do not make recruiting or hiring decisions based solely on automated decision-making or profiling (as defined within the EU General Data Protection Regulation).
6. Data Sharing
While we do not sell or market your personal data, we may share your personal data with third parties in limited situations, including with:
- Service providers and business partners. NewVoiceMedia will share your personal data with third-party service providers (i.e., vendors whose services NewVoiceMedia uses to manage the application and hiring process). If you wish to limit or restrict the use or sharing/disclosure of your personal data, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. These service providers may have access to or process your personal data for the purpose of providing those services for us. Some of our pages utilize white-labeling techniques to serve content from our service providers while providing the look and feel of our site. Please note that you are providing your personal data to these third parties acting on behalf of NewVoiceMedia.
- Law enforcement agency, court, regulator, tax authority, government authority or other third party. We may share your personal data with these parties if necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights, your rights or the rights of any third party.
7. Data Security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. International Data Transfer
We share your personal data within the NewVoiceMedia Group. This will involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA we ensure your personal data is protected by requiring all our group companies to follow the same rules when processing your personal data. We do this by using specific contracts within the NewVoiceMedia Group, approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries
Please contact us at email@example.com if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
Last Updated: 2018-06-05