How NewVoiceMedia ensures the availability of the NVM platform.
Proven Cloud Architecture
The NewVoiceMedia Cloud is based on a number of geographically dispersed nodes. A node provides the Application, Database, Telephony and Infrastructure servers and networks that constitute the call center platform.
To maximise cloud availability, there is one more node in operation than is required to support the client load. Each of the nodes is a fully functional, continually tested live node. This ensures that all components are constantly in use and can be verified as being fully operational all the time.
Telephony circuits are provided by major international telephony carriers which route calls from any worldwide location through their own resilient infrastructure through multiple telephony circuits into NewVoiceMedia’s nodes. The telephony functionality is provided by a bank of servers, with at least two more servers than is required, to maintain peak operations.
There are multiple database servers for resilience and performance. Client call plans and all supervisor and agent user settings are fully replicated in real time across the nodes. This provides great flexibility in allowing clients access to the services on any of the nodes. Switching between nodes is a simple, quick process. We perform a number of different testing approaches:
From the NewVoiceMedia Network Operations Center based in the UK, all services, applications, telco and internet connections are constantly monitored by the 24x7 Operations team to ensure that all components are operational and that no component exceeds 60% of its capacity.
We are continually building out our load and performance testing capabilities to ensure we are pro-actively pushing the boundaries of our product before it is released to our live system. We perform a number of different testing approaches.
We use an Open Source tool called jMeter to perform the Load Testing on our dedicated Test Rig environment. When testing large loads we use a jMeter load generation platform called BlazeMeter. When capacity or scalability testing, we expand our test platform capabilities by making use of Amazon EC2 services. For each new feature that is released we performance tests to ensure that our product remains reliable, scalable and resilient.
- Load Testing
Expected everyday load is applied to the product to verify that core behaviour is maintained and performance goals are achieved.
- Stress Testing
Increasing amounts of load are applied to assess the application’s behaviour when it is pushed beyond normal or peak load conditions.
- Scalability Testing
The system is tuned and tested to understand how many servers and components we need to meet a growing customer base.
- Soak Testing
An expected everyday load is applied to the product over a period of time to check for resource leaks, failovers and long running process issues.
The system is failed over at various points in operation to assess how it recovers.
UNDERPINNING THE APPLICATION INFRASTRUCTURE IS A RESILIENT PHYSICAL ARCHITECTURE BASED IN TIER 1 DATA CENTERS.
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems to prevent power spikes and surges, with back-up diesel generators
- Dedicated heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems
- Fire detection and suppression, including multi-zoned, dry pipe, double-interlock, pre-action fire suppression and Very Early Smoked Detection and Alarm (VESDA)
- Flood control including moisture barriers, drainage and pump systems, moisture detection sensors
- Earthquake protection; our data centers meet or exceed local building codes for lateral seismic design forces
- Full security processes at entrances and exits, including individual holding cages.
COMPLY WITH FULL CERTIFICATIONS AND INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS
- ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems Standard
- ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System Standard
- ISO / IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System Standard
- ISO 50001:2011 Energy Management System Standard
- PCI DSS Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard
- OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health & Safety Management System Standard