IP Telephony Engineer
NewVoiceMedia’s award-winning cloud customer contact platform revolutionises the way organisations connect with their customers worldwide, enabling them to deliver a personalised and unique customer service experience and drive a more effective sales and marketing team.
A leading Salesforce ISV partner with customers spanning 128 countries and six continents, NewVoiceMedia is relentlessly committed to driving innovation and continuing its rapid international expansion while helping its customer base drive transformation in their businesses.
We are looking for ambitious, passionate, innovative people to join our fast-growing team and help us achieve our goals. We offer an exciting career path, excellent and ongoing career development and a highly competitive compensation package – including a range of benefits.
Role Overview & Responsibilities:
The role is an opportunity to join our rapidly growing business that has recently been named as one of the UK’s most dynamic and cutting edge companies. You would be part of a dev-ops team that is developing and supporting an operations infrastructure that stretches around the world with offices and operational nodes in four continents. Working with predominantly home grown solutions for both product offerings and operations infrastructure this is an opportunity to make a significant impact on the success of the business.
Based in our Basingstoke HQ you will be part of a talented Operations team who maintain the core IP telephony infrastructure.
As part of this role you will;
- Be part of a team working on assigned projects to upgrade or add new functionality to our infrastructure
- Maintain a profile of business as usual activities with a desire to streamline and automate where possible
- Contribute using domain knowledge to architecture discussions
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Provide support and mentor junior team members
- Maintain high standards of quality at all times.
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent IP networking skills.
- Detailed knowledge of SIP telephony technology, protocols and signalling call flows.
- Knowledge of Open Source Solutions for SIP based telephony
- Experience in diagnosing faults in SIP telephony environments.
- Expertise with network analysers, preferably Wireshark.
- Good knowledge of WAN IP connectivity products & solutions .
- Good presentation and communications skills and experience with the usual communication tools such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Linux instance command line management, and use of Linux based tools and utilities
- VMWare Virtualisation
- Amazon Web Service products, solutions and management
- Background knowledge of Contact Centre Operations and technologies
- Background knowledge of legacy telephony technologies.